1. Is there a companion website I can use with the Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program, 3rd Ed.?
New companion websites are coming soon, and will be hosted by Lingco. Instructors may sample the new companion websites now by clicking here. The full websites will be available for fall 2021 course adoption.
As of January 1, 2021, Smart Sparrow Companion Websites are no longer available for the Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program.
2. What is Lingco, and what features do the Lingco companion websites offer to students and instructors?
Lingco Language Labs, or Lingco for short, offers a fully integrated set of interactive exercises with all multimedia materials and additional online course management and grading options for teachers.
Lingco provides students with a variety of exercises, many with instant feedback for students, including multiple choice, drag and drop, typing response, listening, and recording activities. It gives the instructors the ability to set deadlines, assign activities, and manually grade activities, monitor student and class progress, and create their own class activities within the Lingco platform. For more information, please visit the Lingco website.
2. How can I sample the new Lingo companion websites?
To sample the new Lingco websites, please use the main menu at the top of the page to navigate to your book OR select the appropriate button here on our “Companion Websites” page.
3. What content is included in the sample?
This sample includes one chapter of each course in Lingco. The virtual classroom is populated with fake students to make the experience as realistic as possible for instructors.
The remaining chapters will be available to sample this March. We will update this website and notify instructors currently using or sampling these textbook programs via email as soon as the complete sample becomes available.
4. As an instructor, may I edit the demo course included in the sample?
You will not be able to edit the demo course included in this sample.
5. Will I have an opportunity to sample the full course before making a decision for my fall 2021 courses?
Yes. At present, each textbook has one chapter available to sample; however, the remaining chapters will be available this March. We will update this website and notify instructors currently using or sampling these textbook programs via email as soon as the complete sample becomes available.
6. What is my instructor code?
Please contact marketing coordinator Caroline Crossman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot locate your instructor code. The course code is separate from the instructor code and is the same one found in the course details on the sample course in Lingco.
- 1. I am having trouble logging into the “For Teacher’s” Tab on AlKitaabTextbook.com. How can I get access?
If users log in and out frequently on the Teacher-Only area of AlKitaabTextbook.com in a short period of time, a new login attempt may clash with a cached attempt and users will receive a notice that their math answer is wrong. In that case, please either a) clear your cache or b) wait 10-15 minutes before attempting to log in again.
Please make sure you are using the email and username you originally selected when you created your account. If you are unsure which email address is associated with your account, please contact Marketing Coordinator Caroline Crossman at email@example.com.
2. On the “Log In” tab, the box for typing the math answer cuts off my response. Will it still allow me to log in?
The box for typing the math answer may appear to cut off a digit, but it will still work correctly.
3. I am an instructor who needs to reset my password. How can I do so?
If you need to reset your password, please go to the Log In page here. If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see a blue link that says “Click here to reset”. Please note that the request will be automatically generated by AlKitaabTextbook.com and that GUP is not able to reset instructor passwords manually.
Ordering and Returning Textbooks
Please note that the following information only applies to bookstores (not individual purchasers).
- 1. What should I do with leftover bundles now that bundled versions of the Al-Kitaab Third Edition textbooks have been discontinued?
You should return any remaining bundles to Hopkins Fulfillment Service (HFS) following the procedure outlined here and instead purchase the standalone textbooks for the fall 2020 semester and beyond.